Freeport NY Homes & Real Estate
Homes for sale in Freeport, NY.
Did you know? Freeport is a village in the town of Hempstead in Nassau County, NY on the south shore of Long Island. It was settled in the 1640s as an oysterting community. Freeport now resides as a suburban community. Freeport is New York State's second-biggest village and has a station on the Long island railroad.
Included below are homes for sale in Freeport, NY.
If you would like more information on any of these Freeport real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. If you have questions, we have answers. Let us know how we can help!
For your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Freeport listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.
More Info About Freeport:
- The Freeport Nautical Mile: Operated by the Village of Freeport, the Nautical Mile is a pitcuresque waterfront main street running along the Woodcleft Canal. Waterside dining and an active nightlife draw tourists and locals alike to enjoy this excellent representation of seaside living on Long Island. The Freeport Nautical Mile gives residents and tourists of the South Shore of Long Island in Nassau County the opportunity to escape the urban and suburban drawl and to travel back to Long Island's maritime past.
- Freeport Farmer's Market: The Freeport Farmers' Market gives community members a greater choice of fresh produce and healthy food options; provides jobs to local youth; boosts the local and regional economy; promotes nutrition and education to residents; and contributes to a sense of place within Freeport.
- Randall Park: Randall Park is located in
southFreeport. The park is 8.2 acres and consists of an adult outdoor swimming pool with an adjacent kiddie pool, as well as a sports field large enough to accommodate several teams at the same time. The field is equipped with overhead lights to facilitate night games, enabling local softball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, football andother teams to extend their playing seasons, from early spring through the fall. The park also has a large picnic area with 2 pavilions. The park is easily accessible by means of bicycle, car or residents that reside in southFreeport, can walk to the park.
- The Captain Lou Fleet: The Captain Lou Fleet has been the top name in the fishing/cruising business since 1948. The Captain Lou Fleet specializes in school field trips, camp outings, corporate affairs, fundraisers or any other special event. They offer whale watching and midnight cruises so visitors can enjoy the Long Island sound under the stars.
- Pier 95 Resturant: A popular, family fine-dining restaurant with a distinguishable touch of Portugal in a uniquely creative Mediterranean menu. The dining room overlooks the Hudson Canal with a view of the Marina with boats and marsh grasses. Just a wink away from the Nautical Mile, they proudly serve continental cuisine with a distinguishable touch of Portuguese traditions. They source only the highest quality of ingredients for every dish, and their menu boasts options with fresh seafood, chicken, beef, veal, duck, lamb, and the chef’s daily specials.
- Nautilus Cafe: Nautilus Café is the Best Seafood Restaurant on Long Island according to 10 BEST. This restaurant is located on Nautical Mile in Freeport, and it is known for both its outstanding food and its excellent customer service. Just some examples of the dishes you can expect to find on the menu of this seafood restaurant include pecan-crusted orange roughy, sautéed brook trout, jumbo lump crab cakes, and broiled marinated scallops. Landlubbers will also find something on the menu to suit their taste buds, with options such as duck in port and raspberry sauce or prime rib.